The cheesy vegetable pikelets recipe is great vegetarian option or just for something different.
4 white ﬁsh ﬁllets
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon of minced ginger 1 teaspoon of lemongrass paste
4 spring onions
Soy garlic sauce
60mls (1/4 cup) soy sauce
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 & 1/2 teaspoons ﬁsh sauce
1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- Put approx. 5cm of water into the saucepan/wok that you are using to steam the ﬁsh and bring it to the boil.
- While you’re waiting, rub both sides of the ﬁsh with a little salt and then the sesame oil.
- Mix the ginger & lemongrass & rub half the mix onto the plate. This plate will be put in the steaming basket to cook the ﬁsh.
- Place the ﬁsh on the plate then sprinkle it with the remaining ginger, lemongrass mix and spring onions.
- Place the plate of ﬁsh in the steaming basket, then sit the basket on the saucepan/wok.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high so the water is boiling gently.
- Steam for 8-10 minutes, or until the ﬁsh is just cooked through, and remove the basket from the saucepan/wok. When you serve the ﬁsh, spoon over the juice that has collected on the plate during the steaming process along with the soy garlic sauce.