San choy bow is a great summer recipe.
500g Pork mince
1 cup mushrooms
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 teaspoon crushed ginger
Chinese 5 spice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 cup cooked vermicelli noodles
Bowl for noodles
- Dice up onion and capsicum. Thinly slice or roughly chop up mushrooms.
- Grate the carrot.
- Over medium/high heat fry onion, garlic and ginger until onion is transparent.
- Add mince and cook until brown. While waiting for that, cook noodles according to packed or place in hot water until soft and transparent.
- Add Chinese 5 spice and soy sauce, mix through, then add capsicum, mushroom and carrot and cook until vegetables are soft. Now add the noodles and stir though.
- Pull off lettuce leaves to use as a cup to serve the mixture.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce cups and enjoy.