The cheesy vegetable pikelets recipe is great vegetarian option or just for something different.
1 small zucchini, coarsely grated
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1 small carrot, grated
1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
1 cup wholemeal self-raising ﬂour
1 & 1/4 cups buttermilk
or plain reduced fat milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup fat-reduced
grated tasty cheese
Cooking spray oil
Tablespoon Mixing spoon
Fork/whisk Egg Flip
- Using your hands, squeeze moisture from zucchini. Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, carrot and corn.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Set aside.
- Sift ﬂour into a large bowl. Add buttermilk or milk and egg. Whisk to combine. Add zucchini mixture and cheese. Stir to combine.
- Spray pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Using 1 heaped tablespoon per pikelet, cook 4 pikelets for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn. Cook for 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat to make 16 pikelets.