Scott’s Deadly Choice: Drinking heaps of water and staying hydrated
Scott was born and raised in Mount Isa, where he played most of his junior footy. After debuting for the North Queensland Cowboys in 1998, he continued to play for them until moving south to sign with the Brisbane Broncos where he played for a further two years.
After playing with the Broncos he headed over the border to NSW to sign a contract with the West Tigers where he played five-eighth for two years. In total, Scott played 300 NRL games during his career.
Scott also played four games for the Indigenous All-stars, five games for the QLD State of Origin team, and four games for Australia.
He's received a number of accolades throughout his career, including:
- 1998 - Rookie of the Year
- 2005 - Inaugural Grand Final Captain for Wests Tigers
- 2005 - Dally M Captain of the Year
- 2005 - Clive Churchill Medal winner
- 2007 - Inaugural Captain of the Gold Coast Titans
- 2008 - RLIF Team of the Year (half-back)
- 2010 - Dally M half-back of the year
Favourite healthy meal: Omelette with a couple of veggies thrown in.
Favourite exercise: High intensity interval training.